Tuesday, September 10, 2013

9/11 - Always Remember

The Falling Man, AP Photo/Richard Drew/FILE
Yes, this picture is horrifying, haunting, terrifying, shocking. But we have to remember what happened on that day, to honor this man and the 2818 other casualties of these acts of war. We can't pretend it didn't happen or ignore the significance of this day. The truth shall set us free. We all have our own awful memories of that day but nothing like the families of these victims. I'll end this with my favorite quote, John 16:33:
"I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart, I have overcome the world."
That is the explanation and the solution.

ETA:  This is an excellent article about the impact of this photograph.

No comments: