Monday, July 02, 2018

Update on the Kitties

After nine months Davey finally emerged.  Be careful what you pray for.  He became enthralled with the Christmas tree.

I finally got a good look at him.  He's a pretty tuxedo boy.

He's quite playful.  I'd heard him playing with a ball in the basement and saw that he moved his toy mouse around.  But this guy is hyper, like a kitten.  He pretends that various items are prey and makes that awful crying sound to show me what he's caught.  His favorites are cloths that I clean my glasses with and fabric samples.  Now he's dragging my clothes and slippers all around the house.

At first he recoiled from my touch but now he's my boy, greeting me in the morning and always wanting to be around me, moreso than Dusty.  He doesn't run away when I walk in his direction like his brother does.  I also can pick him up and pet him.  I miss my cats that sat on my lap, came when they were called and greeted me whenever I entered the door.  Oh, well.  Maybe some day.  In the meantime, Dusty's quite the clown.  He's very relaxed while resting and is a deep sleeper.


I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

The boys are very close.  They get along great, unlike my previous three, although Dusty sometimes gets annoyed when Davey jumps up next to him to get to me.
Davey particularly loves to drink out of the faucet.  He races ahead of me like a puppy when he sees me heading to the bathroom or kitchen.
Dusty doesn't like to be left out, but he barely fits on the windowsill.
I'm hesitant to let them outside because they tend to wander.  I accidentally left the basement door open one night, and found them staring intently at something in the garden.  I was able to lure Dusty in with treats, but Davey decided to stay out until about 3:15 a.m.  I didn't speak to him the rest of the day.  I noticed he came back looking like this:
Two bare spots on either side of his nostrils, at the base of his whiskers.  My friend says he was in a fight but I didn't see any other wounds.  Any ideas?

So the moral of the story is if you get a shy kitty who hides continually, give him nine months or so.

1 comment:

for the love of a house said...

9 months??? Oh my! That's a long time silly kitty. They are both adorable!!