Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Sarah Richardson

How could I possibly forget her as a style mentor?  Maybe because HGTV prefers to show endless reruns of that fake House Hunters.  Or Disney backyards or Design Stars.  Ugh.  Note to HGTV bosses:  just show a dump turned into a beautiful house.  That's what Sarah does, and also Property Brothers.  Here are some of the genius bathrooms and kitchens by Sarah.













Her beautiful farmhouse kitchen.








This kitchen reminds of my own!

 I don't care for modern design--way too harsh and straight-lined for my taste.  But I really like how Sarah incorporates contemporary style into vintage.  I guess that's where I'm at right now with my design sensibility.

 All images from Houzz.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

I still can't believe they haven't run a new Sarah show. Her shows are the best thing that HGTV has ever run! You used to be able to run them off of their website (in case you need a Sarah fix!), but I haven't tried to do that in awhile.

Laurel at SoPo Cottage

Durf said...

Laurel,
I know, I'm having Sarah withdrawal! According to her website HGTV Canada is running her new Sarah's House. I'm so tired of those fake Househunter shows.

I occasionally will watch her old shows online.

Durf said...

Ooohh! Someone on GardenWeb, Home Decorating & Design Forum said Sarah's House 4 will be on September 15 (2-5 p.m.) & 22 (3-5 p.m.). I couldn't verify it, though.