Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas in New York

Some friends and I went to New York to see the Rockettes.  Can you believe I couldn't remember if I'd seen them before?  Seems to me I went with my cousin in the late '80's for the Easter show.  Anyway, New York is always an adventure, what with the subway deaths and all.  A country girl like myself finds it a challenge to drive to New Haven, hop a train, then a subway, to see Rockefeller Center and the gorgeous storefronts and architecture.  The churches are magnificent.  St. Patrick's had scaffolding all around so I didn't take a picture.
Saks Fifth Avenue
Grand Central Station's main concourse.

Lobby of Radio City Music Hall.

Chandelier in lobby.

Stage.  There are organs on both sides.

Shoe Department at Saks.

Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center.

Trump Tower.  Gorgeous.

Tree with ice rink below.

2 comments:

for the love of a house said...

hi! So nice to meet you. Thank you for leaving your calling card! I adore your house- it is beautiful! Looks like you have put a lot of love and work into it.
all my best,
joan

Durf said...

Nice to meet a fellow old house-lover. Thank you! I've gotten so many ideas from your lovely blog.