Friday, July 03, 2020

Before And After: Stone Wall Garden

When I moved in in 2005 there was a ginormous barberry that reached almost to the top of the deck, which is off the second floor.  I never liked it but I was a new gardener and thought you should keep what came with the house.  I cut that thing to the ground in anticipation of someone building stairs off the deck but that never came to fruition.  I decided in 2016 to rip it down.  I really like the garden I made in its place.  It'll be evolving, though, since the Montauk daisy is too big for the space and it'll become pretty shady when the Japanese maple reaches its full height.

Here's May 5, 2012:
And Spring 2020:
Before, you couldn't see the lovely stone wall, on which I planted four Green Mountain boxwood.  I talk more about it here:  http://hilltopgothic.blogspot.com/2017/02/2016-gardening-season.html

No comments: