Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Susan Branch's Luscious Peach Pie

I had my family over Sunday for dinner and baked this pie.  I always use Martha Stewart's pate brisee recipe for the crust, which is buttery and flaky.  (I use the recipe in her Pies and Tarts book, which adds a teaspoon of sugar as optional.)  It's so easy when you use a food processor.  Here's Susan's recipe:


(I think they left out the part about dotting the top of the peach mixture with the butter.)

Her cookbooks are fun and full of beautiful artwork and delicious recipes.  I especially like her Christmas cookbook and have tried many recipes.

As you can see I had trouble rolling out the crust.  To get a deeper color and more delicious crust, one of Martha's recipes suggests brushing on an egg/heavy cream mixture.  I do this on her raspberry-rhubarb pie, which is heavenly.  These pictures were taken in haste before this pie was devoured!





No comments: