Sunday, July 27, 2014

It's Berry Season!

Strawberries weren't that great this year, but I baked a blueberry pie yesterday, and it was yummy. 
Don't know why I chose to photograph the pie with the edge hanging off the counter.  Hmm.

It's from Martha Stewart's Pies and Tarts book, my fave.  I think the crust is the best part. Check our her pate brisee recipe.  (It's pie crust; she has to be all fancy and use the French term).  I learned the easy way to make pie crust from her television show.  She uses a food processor.  So simple. 

Martha insists that you cut out botanically correct leaves for the top crust.  I'm basically a rule-follower, so I did.  All of the pastry is brushed with a heavy cream/egg wash.

It's a little sloppy.  I was in a hurry.  We were going to the great Zocco's for wonderful Italian food, and my brother hates it when I'm late.  I'm always late.  I do break the "be there on time" rule, most of the time.  I'm working on it.

No comments: