Monday, December 22, 2014

Thumbprint Cookies

My cooking really is just for eating purposes, not show.

This is a recipe from Betty Crocker's Cookbook, but I filled them with chocolate ganache (recipe from Martha Stewart) instead of jelly.  Well, two of them have strawberry jam that I had in the refrigerator.  I ate one, just to taste-test.  I was inspired by a wonderful Italian bakery chain in our area called Pasticceria Italia.

For all you cookie bakers:  Why is it that this recipe says it makes three dozen, but I only get about 15?  If I really made them that small, they'd be smaller than my thumbnail.

It's a beautiful day today after some light snow yesterday.  I'm off all week so I'm off to bake more cookies while listening to holiday tunes and the sound of workmen framing out my front porch floor.  Hope your Christmas plans are going swimmingly!

No comments: